Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Email from Pastor Jorge

I didn't know quite where to categorize this email I received from Pastor Jorge (Hehe, another PJ!) so it shall reside on this blog. :) It is also good practice with my Spanish translation. Here goes:

Señorita Grace Wu: ¿Como estás? Recuerdo la última conversación que tuvimos en I.B.M. Tucumán y lo que me dijiste acerca de que yo nunca contesto tus e-mail y me propuse hacerlo,no niego que me cuesta mucho porque ni siquiera se escribir a máquina y estoy haciendolo por amor a una *persona*,porque yo amo mucho a las personas y vos sos una a la cual amo mucho.Me pone triste esa idea que te vayas a otro lugar que no sea Tucumán y eso NO me gusta,porque aqui somos muy celosos de nuestros amigos y no queremos compartirlos con nadie y menos con los Chilenos. Aunque me alegra que Diosa te dió esta oportunidad y yo se que hubieras preferido venir para vernos y estar con nosotros...¿verdad?
Estaremos orando para que tu tiempo allí sea muy provechoso y que Dios guie esto para que puedas aprender mas cosas que sean útiles en su obra.En verdad que vamos a extrañarte mucho,pero quiero que sepas que ni las distancias,ni el tiempo,ni ninguna cosa creada puede separar el amor que tenemos por ti.*Rom 8:38-39*
Ahora esperaré tu respuesta.Te quiero mucho....................Pastor Jorge


Traduccion: Miss Grace Wu, how are you?
I remember the last conversation we had at IBM Tucuman and what you told me about how I never answer your emails and I proposed to do it. I don’t deny that it’s hard for me because and I am doing it for love for a *person* (Meeeeee?? ^_^) because I love people and you are one that I love very much. I was sad at the idea that you're going to another place that isn’t Tucuman and I DON’T like that because here, we are very jealous for our friends and we don’t want to share them with anyone, much less with Chileans. (JAJAJA, aww I love Pastor Jorge!) Still I’m glad that God gave you this opportunity and I know that you would’ve preferred to come to see us and be with us…right?

We are praying that your time there would be very profitable and that God guides that so that you can learn more things that are useful in your work [of ministry]. In reality we are going to miss you a lot, but I want you to know that neither distance, nor time, nor any created thing can separate the love that we have for you *Romans 8:38-39*

Now I will wait for your response. I love you lots…. Pastor Jorge.

2 comments:

Moon said...

Awww. :) It made the little scrapings in this hollow chest of mine beat for a few seconds.

Grace said...

That sounds gross. I just lost my appetite.