Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hej!

That's "Hi!" in Danish! It's pronounced pretty much the same as "hi" in English except it raises the voice at the end like a question mark. So pronunciation-wise its: hi? Haha. Fun stuff, I love Danish!

And yes, the EAP Orientation was fun... for the first half of it. Haha. They were sharing stories of purses getting stolen, a girl that was raped, and weird infections that could happen while in the rural areas. Haha....hopefully that does not happen to any of us ladies. And they were warning us ladies to be careful around guys because we will probably really stick out of the crowd and can be easily pinpointed. Haha, just checked the Asian population in Denmark at it's 0.4% out of 5.4 million people! Haha, I am definitely going to stick out of the crowd. For the second half, I had to leave early for the IM volleyball game!

But anyways...time flies so fast. Spring quarter will be done in 6 more weeks! Then it's Resolved Conference, then maybe go home after Monday and then come back to San Diego for graduation, then it's China from June 24-July 7, and then stay home for a week and then maybe for a week stay in San Diego to say bye, then be home for another week and then i'm off! July 29th is my projected date to fly to Denmark! i have to be there by August 1st for the orientation and the flight will take close to about 15 hours! Yay for jetlag.

Really scattered thoughts right now, but starting to pray for the trip more and more. There's so much to pray for! I'll put up a prayer list when the time is nearing.

During my last post, I was getting all sad that I was leaving San Diego - but reflecting back I shouldn't be at all! It's gonna be awesome!! I should be thrilled to study in a new country, with new people, be part of another body of Christ and worship with believers, and best of all I get to fulfill the Great Commission to Denmark! How awesome is that! SHARING THE GOSPEL TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH! LET'S GO!!!!!!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Vamos!!

Moon said...

Hej! Hahaha. That's so awesome.

Yay for the update! :)

Anonymous said...

you're gonna scare a lot of people reading the first paragraph