Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Money woes

When I heard that one receives financial aid when studying abroad, I thought, "Sign me up! Yeah government money!" I wasn't sure how the financial aid office would disburse my money though, but I just assumed that I would get financial aid once I arrived in Chile with money to get me through from late June to December. I called the financial aid office today to ask about it (after all, I leave in 27 days). And...turns out I don't get any financial aid until September.

D:

Hm. It's not exactly devastating. I've been saving money since last summer so I have that...but I was planning on using that money for a car in my senior year. I also applied for study abroad scholarships...but the ERC scholarship did reject me. I'll have to wait until June to find out the rest.

Sigh. This reminds me of something a wiseman by the name of MooMoo once said:
"今お金がありません。 (Ima okane ga arimasen.)
Translation: I'm po'. "

1 comment:

Moon said...

D:
D:
D:
D:

Well, I figure that you could probably just use the money that you saved & then reimburse yourself with the financial aid that you'll receive. Or is it the fact that you were expecting financial aid for June, July, & August too? :(

I'll be praying for you, friend.

I wonder who this MooMoo wiseman is...