Monday, June 2, 2008

God Provides.

Matthew 6:25-34:
Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

In my previous post I had expressed worry and concern for how I was going to finance half the trip on my own. After a week of recovering from the disappointment, I just accepted it; all my savings were going to be depleted. I already saw God working in this situation, such as Eugene advising that I don't go to Tucuman with Lighthouse (saving me ~$400) and the fact that I already had been saving up money since last year from working at Geisel.

God showed me His clear provision today. It was undeniably from Him, not just an incidental circumstance. I was handed a note. It was a thick note, I knew something was in it but I didn't know what. Instructions said to open slowly and in private. After taking a shower, I realized that I had left the note in my back pocket. So while still dripping wet from the shower, I unfolded the note. In the note was a folded stack of bills of...a lot of money. Without even counting how much money there was, I gasped, finding out that a woman named Mrs. C., who has never even met me before, heard about my situation and felt compelled to help me out.

All I could do was laugh in disbelief. How? Why? God? Huh?
  • How--because God provides!
  • Why--because He knows my needs, even something as earthly as money. Because He loves me and wants me to see His love in this tangible, real-life way. Because He is glorified in this.
  • God--IS GOOD. Even if He didn't give me the kind gift from Mrs. C., He is still good.
  • Huh--yeah, I'm in shock too.

If I ever say I'm worried about anything again, rebuke me and please remind me of this episode. May I never think that my issues are too big for God to take care of.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHOA! the Lord definitely provides!! AHHHH can't believe you're leaving =((( SAAAADDD.

wuryah said...

WHAT?!?! WHOA. so this was the secret! OH MY GOODNESSS!! WU WU!!! GOD IS SO GRACIOUS TO GRACE! :)