Thursday, October 16, 2008

Very long picture post.

This is a compilation of photos from the past month or so. Hahaha. I forget to update this thing with new pictures but my parents want to see and they don't have facebook! Some of these pictures, I posted on facebook, but I uploaded these straight from my computer without looking at what I have on faceook. So keep an eye out!




Pretty lights at the Roppongi Station! That station is just a lot of fun. :D


A shop at the shopping mall at Roppongi. Was that Roppongi Hills? Or is Roppongi Hills where the Mori Tower is? I forget. "/ But yeah, this shop sold chopsticks. Mostly chopsticks. Beautiful, fun chopsticks. :D And this is their display window! I tried to get some close ups of the dolls that were on display but it was kinda hard.


Switching gears, this is the thunder gate at Asakusa.


Me, wafting smoke over my head in hopes of getting smarter. :D


I got a half fortune. It told me to never get married or to get a new job. To thank the fortune, I tied it to the bar and abandoned it. :D Bye bye.


Switching gears again, this was at the Tsukiji fish market! Look at the size of that tuna!


And so I had this for breakfast. From left to right, that's fatty tuna, tuna with avocado, and horse meat. Yes, horse meat.


After that Tsukiji excursion, we hit up Ginza. There were a bunch of these Hello Kitty bouquets! But they were expensive. And I can't take it back to the States.


And we found that the Imperial Palace was close to Ginza. So we walked over there and got a peak at it. The palace is that little bit of building peaking out from behind the bridge.


The Imperial Garden was beeeeautiful. I would've stayed longer but we were sleepy, tired, and hungry, thus making us cranky. D:


More garden!


And more.


We went to Roppongi again. This is near Tokyo Midtown. There was an odd sculpture. So Becky and I decided to take a picture with it. I think of weird poses, don't ask me?


The Mori Tower in Roppongi. All 54 stories of it!


Here's the Tokyo Tower! I wanted to buy Grace a keychain from there but it looks like the Eiffel Tower, so no fun.


Ferris wheel at Odaiba. It changes colors! It was beautiful. :) (We're planning an Odaiba excursion for this Saturday.)


Ah, what typically comes to mind when you think of Tokyo. :) It seems all romantic and stuff but man, don't base your judgments of Japan off of these pictures. I'm just not taking pictures of the mundane. But will soon.


The Rainbow Bridge!


So yes, I went to the Kabuki-za. This is to prove that I was there. And Bernadette's head is to the left. Haha, hello.


The Kabuki-za! I love this place!


A group picture of us. I'm standing next to two of my professors. It was very strange. Hahaha.


I've been seeing this pollack roe (명란젓? Is that how you spell it, 엄마? In Japanese, it's tarako.) crackers and it weirded me out a lot. But I bought it and tried it. And liked it.


Another strange cracker. Ddukbokee! I didn't dig it too much. I got it at Shin-Okubo (aka Korea Town) in some Korean market. Bleh.


And look at what I got in the mail from a certain someone in Santiago, Chile! :D This was taken on the bus. Hahahaha.


Look at my ecstatic joy.


And the goodies! Orly? Yarly. (Thank you, Grace!)


We had to go to the Ghibli Museum. Like, it's mandatory for my core class. The Ghibli Studio is where Miyazaki Hayao does his magic and it's located in Mitaka-shi, where my school is!


We arrived! This is me venturing into the magical forest through the mythical gates. (This isn't the end of the strange poses.)


I can't jump too high, I soon found out...


The museum is three stories tall. It's an absolutely delightful little place. If you're a Miyazaki fan and you're in Japan, you must come here! This is the spiral staircase that leads up to the garden on the roof! There's also a statue of a giant (from one of Miyazaki's films that I'm unfamiliar with.).


Hello, giant. I wasn't sure if he were friendly or not so I figured that I'm better safe than sorry. Hahaha. (I'm totally posing for this picture.)


Well, that's the end of it! I'll probably only upload a couple of the Ghibli pictures on facebook since it's not all too exciting or Tokyo-esque.

That's all for now. This picture post took such a long time. And I lost three games of chess against the computer while waiting for the pictures to upload. Hahaha. Good night!

4 comments:

Grace said...

1. Mundane in Tokyo to me is thinking of the old people. Aww...cute old Japanese people.
2. KOREAN DISH CHIPS?!? WO YAO!!!!!!!
3. Your ecstatic joy looks very good. And so does the scarf (?)
4. OMG I WANNA GO TO GHIBLI MUSEUM!!!!!! THE GIANT IS FROM CASTLE IN THE SKY! AND YES, HE IS FRIENDLY AND NICE :)

Grace said...

P.S. It's so weird seeing you wear a bright color like yellow. I'm wearing that shirt right now too :) I feel a closeness with you. JAJAA.

Moon said...

You don't see as many old people. "/ A lot of young to middle aged people, rushing to the train stations all the time. And a lot of people on bikes. If you don't get run over by a car, you'll get run over by a bike.

Grace said...

Random question: are there slums in Tokyo? What are they like??