Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Traveling alone in Chiloé, Chile

I'm leaving on a jet plane tomorrow morning to go to Chiloé, an island/archipelago in southern Chile 2 hours away (by plane. 16 hours by bus). How exciting! I decided to go last minute (ahem, Sunday night) because I was looking at my calendar and saw that I needed to go or else I'd have no other time to. So I quickly consulted with my Chilean mom and she told me that the plane ticket price was good and I should go ahead and buy them. Within 10 minutes I bought the plane tickets for Wednesday, without seeing if anyone could travel with me. I asked around on facebook and called, but no one could go. Thus...I'll be traveling alone for 6 days! And skipping classes too =) but no worries, my standing is fine in my classes so missing a few days of school will be all right.

So rushed though; barely finished a paper and now I need to pack, get ~6 hours of sleep, and go to the airport tomorrow! I can't believe I made such a last minute spontaneous decision, but hey, this is study abroad, right? :) Pray for my safety, please!

2 comments:

Moon said...

Traveling alone! I'm jelly! I want to, but my momma doesn't like the idea of it.

Be safe. Don't venture out too late into the night. D:

Don't get lonely.

Have fun.

:D

Anonymous said...

what air carrier?

have fun! and watch yourself!