Wednesday, November 12, 2008

YES

I'm done with all my written exams! All I have left is that paper that's due on Monday! :D :D :D My Japanese exam went much better than I thought.

Anyway, I got a new webcam! I'm installing the program right now so I can't plug the webcam in yet but I will be able to soon. :D

I have a yakiniku dinner at 5:30. That means that I have to go all the way back to school again. >_>;; I was just going to go straight back to school after getting the webcam but figured that since I have time to kill anyway, I could just drop by home for an hour then head back to school.

While I was on the train, I saw the cutestttt thing ever. There were little elementary school children, in little herds, all wearing these yellow hats. I didn't want to whip out my camera (one of the chaperones was standing right next to me on the train) and just snap a picture. So I used my phone to take it. The thing is, with phones in Japan, even if your phone is on silent mode, the phone will make a noise when a picture is taken. This is to prevent perverts from taking pictures up girls' skirts-- if they take a picture while going up on an escalator or during rush hour on the train, the gal will know. My phone made a beeping sound as it took but I figured that it wouldn't be that creepy anyway. :D Here's the picture that I got:


All the boys crowded on one side (which is what I got a picture of) and all the girls crowded on the other. Hahaha. So cute!

I am officially addicted to mitarashi dango. You've probably seen it in anime (even if you have minimal anime exposure). I want to learn how to make it but it seems like the recipes online aren't very good. I need to buy a Japanese cook book while I'm here or something. D: But here is the new love of my life:

This brand tastes better than the one that I buy at the grocery store, which, by the way, is 7 yen cheaper.

And since this is turning into a mini picture post, I asked my friend to leave a book out in front of my door for me and this is what I found. I asked her to put it in a bag or something and write, "To Moon Choi, rm. 319" so that the staff wouldn't think it's anything dangerous...:


What the heezies? A close up:

Thanks, Bernadette. (She's my twin, as we say... we say the same things at the same time. It gets really creepy sometimes. I'm not kidding. Hahaha.)

And just 'cause I can (and because Kabuki's awesome):

I want to strike this mie. It's awesome on so many levels. And the fact that the pose is derived from Aoi no Ue (a very famous Noh play), when Rokujo comes back in her demonic form makes it that much better.

Ok, that's all. :D I think that I'm going to have a tourist-y weekend so I'll be sure to post pictures!

Oh, btw! I'm going to be speaking at ICU's Worship Night tomorrow. The students kind of take turns and share a very brief message with the theme centered around worship. I snatched this opportunity when asked just because I wanted to share the gospel. I didn't hear a single gospel presentation the entire time that I've been in Japan (except at TMEFC <3)

Just thought that I'd post a video since I haven't talked to Grace in a long, long, long time. (Thank goodness for LJ!)

2 comments:

wuryah said...

You cutesy Moon. Haha. That webcam is SO MUCH BETTER! :) And those tasty miti whatever dashi stuff looks SO GOOD! :D MISS YOU TOO MOON! I hope I get to talk to you soon. Haha.....

Grace said...

Moooooom. Hiiiii. I totally forgot about videos of myself. Oopsy. Oh, and I'm safely back. :) What are those food things, btw? Even with my remote knolwedge of anime, I still have never seen them things.