Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hej from KØbenhavn, Denmark!



Hej from KØbenhavn, Denmark!

I left Monday morning from the San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and arrived ten hours later in London! London looks really pretty from above. I was sitting next to an old British lady - Mary and another younger San Franciscan that is working at Yahoo! and was going to London for an ad marketing business trip. Didn't really get to talk with the American lady, but got to dabble in some conversation with Mary more who was Catholic. I didn't want to shy away from talking about spiritual things so I asked her towards the last three or four hours of the flight: "What is your life purpose/passion in life?" I found myself not wanting to probe her too much about her faith partially because I did not want to interrupt her in her answers, and also sadly of fear. Fear that I'll get yelled at on the plane or that the last two hours of the flight would be awkward. Whenever I am a little fearful I want to kinda just slap myself on the face. My stinkin' pride...But did get to talk about past physical things and that we both agree that God is our heavenly Father and Jesus is God's Son. I just hope that she sees that those other ritual things - she doesn't need to do because Christ fulfilled it all!

Then another 2 hour flight and then arrived in Kobenhavn! Yay!



After getting luggage, my apartmentmate Malene was there to pick me up! So kind of her! She was joking earlier on facebook that she would bring a Danish flag with her and she did! Haha. After lugging my suitcases and carrying them up on the 4th floor (got us so tired), we had lunch at the near by familiecafe (family restaurant).
















my sandwich had raw meat in it! it's supposed to be french - Chevre sandwich! They have much healthier mayonnaise that taste more like plain yogurt to me! Yay for Danish dairy products!









That's my roommate Malene. Haha I think she got kinda weirded out that I pulled out my Nikon DSLR, but I told her that she was gonna have to used to it. :) And me taking picture of food. :)
















Nervous at first to meet her - but we're getting a long pretty well! She had to get going for work - so I just unpacked and got my room ready! I really love the apartment - so European and very much reminded me of Boston.


my room! it's actually pretty big!

















i love my window.










my bed!











tiny tiny bathroom - sink is only 8 in. x 12 in.! shower is all in there too believe it or not!

















cute tiny kitchen. i like! :)












here are my pictures of my first day in Kobenhavn!

4 comments:

Moon said...

Oh, I saw these on your picasa already. Hahaha. I check it everyday. >_>;;

NateKwak said...

ahh... sounds great Wury. I remember the first time an SLR was stuck in my face. I think it would weird anyone out. They're so big. Makes great memories though!

Grace said...

THIS BLOG IS GETTING SOME MORE PICTURE ACTION NOW! YESSSSS! Finally!

Unknown said...

wow, those are quite some petite & cute living quarters... =) pretty pictures, as always, wury!! hope you're enjoying your time in denmark!