Sunday, August 3, 2008

recap of my Wednesday, July 30th!

I decided to take the day to venture out on my own and catch a little bit of sleep! :) I wanted to do something money-free so I went to the Danish Museum of Art and Design! It was in this cool old mid-18th century building.




It was quite cool to see the progression of eras of art. Glad i got to use some of my art history knowledge to recognize these art movements! I definitely like Modernism because it shows how these artists were thinking into the future. A lot of the furniture made in the 1930's looked as if it were made today!


The museum had lots of furniture to show from the 16th to the 20th century. pretty cool huh? I really wanted to sit in these chairs - they were calling my name for sure! these next pictures were my favorites, partly because they were recyclable materials but also because it's harmless to the environment! Check out the Little Beaver Chair and the Newspaper Chair!



I thought this piano was pretty awesome too.



They also had funky ceramic stuff.





those japanese looking ceramic dolls reminded me of Moon. :)

another part of the museum had a gallery full of really funky ceramic vessels.



behind the museum had a pretty courtyard with a theater and this pretty walkway



then ventured out some more to the seaport harbor and reached this crazy looking lutheran evangelical church with scary statues.





then walked a little further and came to the Amalienborg Palace/Residence of Queen Margrethe II. This was to be a winter home for the Royal Danish Family.


and here's the statue of Statue of König Frederiks the V in the middle of plaza. He was king of Denmark and Norway from 1746.

Next to it close to the harbor, is Amaliehaven (Amalie Garden). Here I just sat down and wrote in my notebook.






That about sums up my Wednesday on July 30th!

Enjoy another slide show of more pictures!

2 comments:

Moon said...

I'm lovin' the pictures!

Grace said...

Looks like they were taken out of a tour book! I can't believe you're there, seeing it for yourself.