Friday, August 22, 2008

Valparaiso, Chile

Valparaiso is a beach/port town located ~100 miles away from Santiago and known for its quirkiness, particularly in its street art. Natali really wanted to go, and I did too after seeing pictures from other people's trips there as I wanted to see the quirkiness with my own eyes. We spent the entire day mostly taking pictures rather than doing silly touristy things like shopping, which is what I liked. You don't have to spend a lot of money to have a good time.

To give you an idea where we are.

Our handy comfy Tur Bus that only cost $12 round trip!

Lets start with the street art I encountered (these are both Natali and my pictures):
This might be one of my favorites, as I love cherry blossoms.

And this one is just plain pretty! Looks like Rachel Weisz.


Sup.

The stairs to someone's house.

Not only was the street art cool, but the views from Valparaiso are amazing as well. There are many hills in the city, which you either have to climb up or take a ascensor (trolley). From the top of the hill you can see the ocean and the rest of the city.

Here is a cute mailbox representing a trolley.

A real-life ascensor. It really wasn't that exciting, but I rode it just for the experience. I actually preferred walking up by foot because there was more to see.



The views from the top!

But these are the cooler views one can see climbing down by foot.

I'd love to live in a green apartment.

Or an orange and green house!

Or better yet, a PINK house! I want to live here!

I think I came in the perfect time of the year as cherry blossoms were all in bloom to complement the house's bubblegumminess.

And splashes of purple too! Moon, you'd love this house!

Pink and gray building.

This is a very touristy restaurant. Looks cool, though.

But back on land on the bottom, there were equally cool things to see as well.
Like a bright red bathroom!

And the crazy enormous yet almost toy-like Chilean armada building.

And streets with old-school buses.

And a lighthouse! Haha, this is just a plain ol' bar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!what a colorful and beautiful place. thanks for posting. :)