Saturday, August 16, 2008

Still alive.

I'm at home. Not much is happenin'. I turned in my visa application to the Consulate of Japan in San Francisco yesterday. They said to come back to pick up my visa on Monday. :D

Bought a suitcase that will be big enough for me to live off of for 3 months. Also got a nifty duffel bag backpack kinda thing that I'll probably use for the rest of my life. Haha. All that I have left is waiting for the visa, packing, and waiting for August 26!

I've been super lazy about studying Japanese back at home. Perhaps it's because my schedule's kind of sporadic but that's me trying to put the blame on something else. I really want to read Bible in Japanese so I can get familiar with all the Christian-ese that I will inevitably use (yes, inevitably-- I really want to share the gospel in Japanese, even if my vocabulary's limited). Please be in prayer about that! & about church! Go check out John Yang's blog about church in Japan. It sounds promising but I'm thinking about it... and I'm wondering if they'll have services in English! It'll be a problem if it's in Japanese. I'll probably only understand 25% (that's an overestimation!) of what's going on.

Anyway, that's all for now. I will write a celebratory post once I get my visa! Assuming that I don't nearly die driving in San Francisco again. 8D;;; (It was my first time driving there yesterday. I avoided it for a reason. I almost got severely injured/killed! I'm not kidding!)

Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll definitely pray for you that God could give those words to go pass those japanese language barriers, so you could spread that hope to others. Cant wait for that praise report Moon! (i'm sure anime help you a lot with that also =)

- Joseph Paglinawan