Sunday, August 3, 2008

Chile and how the world is small.

My church in Chile, Luz al Mundo, has an elder who is a missionary from Germany. Today was his last day because he has to go back to Germany to visit various churches for about 6 months and he will come back to Santiago in December/January. That reminded me of Meinolf Mellwig (yes, that pastor of the Czech church) and how he had to return to Germany last year when LBC was on missions. So, purely out of curiosity, I asked him if by the off chance he knew Meinolf Mellwig.

And you know what!? They are both sent from the same German missionary organization and they had done missions together in the same location before! They were roommates or something like that way way way back on the missionary trip. He knew about the English camps LBC does with Meinolf's church so I got to tell him a bit more about LBC's ministry with Meinolf. Times like this I wish I actually got to meet Meinolf instead of talking about him as an elusive figure.

What an unlikely intersection of nationalities of United States, Chile, Germany, and Czech Republic somehow coming together on a normal Sunday at church in Santiago...

3 comments:

Moon said...

Whoaaa...

Anonymous said...

So neat how God places people in our path and shows how much He is in control. I miss you, Grace Wu!

Unknown said...

=) neato!!