Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Buenos Aires, Argentina--Recap

I already devoted several hours to editing and uploading my pictures from my trip to Buenos Aires on facebook, but I don't feel it's fair to neglect this blog either, so I'll give a brief overview here. This is what my trip to Buenos Aires consisted of:
Papas fritas, beef and chimichurri. Although I got sick of beef after a few days, it compensates for my almost meat-free diet in Chile.

Hanging out with Lighthouse in Uruguay (OK, so maybe this isn't Buenos Aires, but close enough! Just a 2 hour ferry ride away!). I can't believe God made the scheduling so perfect that I was able to spend the entire debriefing time with them.

Hitting up all the touristy places that all Argentina guidebooks recommend.

Spending practically 24 hours a day with these dudes. I don't know how I survived it...it was definitely the grace of God. Thanks God for everything : )

And although I was longing to stay and extremely sad to leave, my time in Argentina is over (for now...). It's back to Santiago and being a chilena again. Speaking of being chilena, my Chilean ID cards came in! I'm legal now! The top one is my university ID, the bottom is the national identity card that everyone needs to carry around.
They'd be fantastic souvenirs to bring home!

P.S. I am doing Flocks-style homework for Bible study tomorrow-- in Spanish! We are studying Galatians and it's terrific to know more deeply God's Word in another language. I have to keep on making comparisons to the English text and the Spanish text so I'm also learning new words as I go along. I also have to write my answers in Spanish so it helps my writing skills as well. What a sweet deal!

2 comments:

Moon said...

That's pretty gangster, yo.

wuryah said...

YAY!!! Got my ID card too :) all official now :D