Friday, July 11, 2008

denmark?

Ah...getting kinda nervous about just getting to Denmark. Come visa come!

I finally got a housing offer!!!! Actually for the first one, the landlord dropped out the last day. I'm glad though because it was a guy! I did not think ever that I could be in the same apartment as a guy...EEK! I thank God that He has made it so that he dropped out for whatever reason! I was expecting to be like living with a family...but this was the email I got from the International Office:
Dear Wury Kim ,
I regret to inform you that Lars Lindkær will not be able to rent out to you after all as he will not be going abroad himself. We will find you something else ASAP - not to worry.
Phew! I would be more worried if I was staying with him. But I got another email saying that I have a landlady! By the name of Malene Thordal Christensen! I'm excited.

Descriptions of my room:
  • a furnished room of about 14m^2 in a private home with access to kitchen and bathing facilities. (Yay...I heard of some creepy stories where families will lock the kitchen door after dinner so that the students couldn't eat anything after dinner)
  • a room in a newly renovated apartment (OoOoo...)
  • access to wireless internet (2Mbit) costs 180 kr/per month ($38/month OUCH...)
  • access to TV is included with the rent
  • smoking and pets are not allowed
  • a bicycle can be borrowed (YES! Everybody rides bikes there. I'm going to come back with even buffer legs. Haha, hopefully not.)
  • guests need to be agreed on with the landlady.

So rent per month is going to be: 2600 Danish KRN ~ $553.80! I feel the money slipping away real fast...

But we'll see - first the visa MUST COME! Come Visa come!

5 comments:

Moon said...

Yay! I'm glad that you posted! :D Now we know what's going on witchu!

Grace said...

Yeah, ditto Moon's comment!
Man...living in Europe is expensive. A single in Santiago costs ~$200...

Moon said...

... That's 1/5 of what I have to pay. T_T

wuryah said...

I'm POH....

wuryah said...

actually, moon, WE'RE POH...