Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chilean wine

Part of my EAP fees include excursions to random areas around Santiago. This week consisted of going to vineyard Concha y Toro and La Moneda (the Chilean equivalent of the White House). However, I'm gonna keep the posts separate.

I've never been to a vineyard before; I never knew how beautiful they were!

Let me take you to the entrance:
"Concha y Toro." This vineyard is pretty popular for their wines. I may have seen it in supermarkets in the States. But now you and I both know to keep our eyes open for this brand!

See the gringos entering.

The view from reverse.

And of course, I had to zoom in on the lovely gorgeous Andes...*sigh*

Here are random shots of the beauty inside the vineyard:
This could work as a wedding walkway thing.

Hola angelito!


Fiery July foliage.


We got to see where the wine was produced and kept:
This storage room was about 50 degrees Fahrenheit on normal level. These are wood barrels with wine inside, giving the wines a smoky woody flavor that those wine snobs always talk about. Now I know! The newest barrels give the best flavor, but over time the wood deteriorates and thus produces lower quality wine. Apparently there are wood chips in wine sometimes???? Is that a good thing??

Here is the underground cave level of the wine barrels. Very much colder. Brrr.

And here is the devil...in honor of their Diablo label wine or something. Haha. Real funny, Concha y Toro. It was more corny than anything else.

Here is my glass of wine. We got to try 2 glasses; one of Merlot and the other Cabernet Sauvignon. Yummmm. I originally I didn't like wine because this was my reaction to my first wine several weeks back:
Luckily, it was just because it was a cheapy low-quality brand. Concha y Toro wines aren't too expensive; about $8/bottle. I bought one to bring home to the Wu family to enjoy together in December : )

4 comments:

Moon said...

I love your face in the last picture. Hahahaha. It cracks me up every time.

Grace said...

Don't laugh at my misery! I would never laugh at you for drinking a bad cup of tea!

Anonymous said...

foliage..ilike..so pretty.

wuryah said...

i must say WU WU you're camera skills are getting much better!