Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cerro San Cristobal

The beginning of the week of Fiestas Patrias: My volleyball class was canceled without notice due to an early start on the holidays (oh Chileans...never giving notice about anything.) so I gave The Other Grace a holler and we hiked up Cerro San Cristobal. I also was craving a mote con huesillo on the top of Cerro San Cristobal (a typical Chilean dessert drink). I'm kind of going through a mote con huesillo faze right now.

It's about a 2 mile hike uphill. This was when it started getting pretty.

Grace helped me discover the macro shot feature on my camera! Credit goes to Grace for this foto. But wow, a California poppy!

And a bird stayed on this cactus until I took a picture. Good bird.

Err...we got lazy and decided to take transportation after the 1.5 mile mark. This is the teleferico that takes you from the peak of one hill to another, giving fantastic , breathtaking views that can stir up the fear of heights in anyone.

The 2 Graces are super excited to get these views of Santiago!

Superb, no?

We found this little nook on the peak to sit and sing praise songs (refer to previous post for video of Grace singing and playing guitar).

And we watched the sun set behind the Andes mountains over Santiago. How romantic.

The city nearing sunset.

Santiago nightlife. I love my camera. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes. you have a really good camera, that i'm glad you're putting to very good use.:-)