Sunday, September 7, 2008

Koreatown

Seeing how I've been a little bit homesick for the past couple of days, I decided that it was time to hit up Koreatown. I wasn't 100% sure where it was but read in wikipedia that it was surrounding the Shin-Okubo station which I could get to by taking the Oedo line, then transfering to the Yamanote Line at the Shinjuku station. (Btw, the Yamanote Line is my favorite. It just goes in a circle so you'll never get lost! :D)

So I got to Koreatown. I had just gotten back from church (I'll blog about this after I shower & feel nice and clean) so I was half tired from commuting to Kichijoji and walking for about 10 minutes while trying to avoid running into people. It felt kind of daunting to carry a bag that was heavier than I was used to around the streets. Anyway, I first hit up a Softbank and got to talk to a Korean sales associate to ask why I couldn't send messages. It was because I hadn't subscribed to it. Yippee.

Aaaanyway. I wandered around and ate lunch at this little Korean restaurant down in a basement. I can tell you that it's probably the worst bibimnengmyun I've ever had in my life. But that's ok! It was Korean food!

Later, I found out that if I had walked in the opposite direction from the station, I would've hit the GOOD Korean food. I was very disappointed but happy to have found it, since I could just go next time for some gimbap. :D

I don't think that I found all of Koreatown. I asked a lady if there were Korean markets around and she said that there were. ... I couldn't find any. :(

Oh, about that restaurant that I ate that bad nengmyun at-- their kimchi tasted fine! Hahaha. It reminded me of momma's kimchi... ;o;

Anyway, it's time to shower & eat a bowl of instant noodles. Hahahha. Since I had a half-decent lunch, I am having a bad dinner. Bye! :D

1 comment:

wuryah said...

at least you have a KoreaTown! :) Lucky girl!!!!!! I'm jelllyyy..